Sunday, July 19, 2015

Why Reaffirming Goals Works!

So, here's the deal about those goal letters: I was kind of --maybe just maybe --was a goal voyeur. Yup, I peeked at their goal letters before I sealed them and now I know my students' goals. Now, I have the task of reminding them constantly.

Of course, I have to remind them in ways that are sneaky. So, every first week of the learning period, I casually write on their academic plan (a paper defining their monthly progress) goals they can achieve for the month or reminders and words of encouragement. 

We will see how it goes, but so far, students have taken as much liking to it as any student would: with a very meh attitude. Of course, this is on the outside, so maybe on this inside they're happy someone reminds and encourages them of their progress.

In the meantime, I'm thinking about establishing other progress activities. For example, I can make a very large board with my students' names. Each time they earn a credit, they can a put a gold star by their name. It may just instill the spirit of competition. They may also see they're not alone in the progress they're making. 

What do you think? Do you think reaffirming goals works? Let me know in the comments section below!

Don't forget to subscribe to the blog! You can also find this blog on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment